- Children are encouraged to bring a piece of fruit/vegetables from home to make a fruit platter which will be enjoyed by all.
- Field Trips are planned according to themes and weather conditions. Parents are required to provide their child’s booster for that day and to sign a consent form for the field trip.
- TV is not part of our daily program. It is used only on occasion as a follow up to a specific theme.
- Pre-School has a graduation program in June.
- We visit the library, bowling alley and various businesses in the community throughout the year.
Supplies your child will need:
- Extra clothing according to the weather
- Diapers/Wipes (if required)
- Indoor Shoes
- Warm outdoor clothing including snow pants, winter boots and extra mittens
- Sunscreen and a Sunhat
- Insect Repellant
- Water Bottle
Toys From Home
Please do not send in aggressive toys such as weapons, guns and aggressive action figures. Children are asked NOT to bring toys.
Toys become lost, broken and this can cause unnecessary stress for your child. Exceptions are made for items that bring a child comfort during the transition phrase of starting at the centre or a special toy for rest period. See staff for further clarification.
The maximum number of children enrolled is determined by floor space.
2 year olds-5 children per educator
3-6 year olds-8 children per educator
Mixed Ratio, combination of above.
Fire Drills are practiced and logged every month.
If a severe storm occurs, the centre will be closed for the children’s safety and an announcement will be made on the radio. Please note that we seldom close for storm day unless they are serve. If a storm develops while the children are at the centre, parents will be contacted if we are closing. Parents have to be available by phone at all times. No refund for storm days.
“Check our Facebook Page for updates on late openings or closures” Peter Pan Child Care Centre’s
Parents are asked to drop by with their child to meet the staff and see the facility. This time allows the parent and centre to share information and gives the child some time to play. Be patient, some children take up to two weeks to adjust to a new environment. Parents are more than welcome to stay with their child.
Please keep the center informed of any changes in address, phone number etc.
Pater Pan encourages all children to participate in active outdoor play. The Child Care Act and Regulations require that children have outdoor play each day, weather permitting. Please send along the appropriate clothing each day.